This study was conducted by the Yale Project on Climate Change Communication and the George Mason University Center for Climate Change Communication between April 23 and May 12, 2011. Highlights include:
- Roughly half of all Americans believe that global warming is already causing or making the following things worse in the United States: coastline erosion and flooding, droughts, hurricanes, rivers flooding, and wildfires.
- Public understanding that global warming is happening rose 3 points, to 64 percent.
- Public understanding that it is caused mostly by human activities declined three points, to 47 percent.
- Public understanding that most scientists think global warming is happening rose 5 points, to 39 percent.
- Trust in scientists and federal agencies remains high. Download the Report Here.